9:48 AM | Monday, December 24, 2012 | Link
Seeing the past in the present
These few days have been hectic catching up and having fun! I wouldn't say it was exhausting cos hey, how can having fun be tiring right, but it was a little overwhelming whenever we chatted about the past. Reminiscence always feels nostalgic, and it simply reinforces the fact that we have grown up and these 18 years, the first chapter of my life gonna end pretty soon. Despite inevitably feeling old, there will always be situations when you feel young and noob. At every point of our life, we always feel like being older or younger than we really are. Point emphasized when we went to Filter @ Gallery Hotel to celebrate celeste's 18. The girls there had mountains of make-up and I was amazed that they could still see behind the layers of falsies and mascara. Not that I didn't put makeup, but I think mine was so screwed that it was pretty non-existent, or I looked like I was punched in the eye

Was it fantastic? I wouldn't say so per se, cos we were pretty lethargic by the time we entered (the irony, when the party just started!), and there was quite a big fuss about getting seats. Had to open a bottle to get one, and our wallet was pretty unwilling to part that money :/ But it was a good experience I guess. To learn that "exclusivity" isn't that great a deal. Even though it was an invite-only club, it was no different from any other clubs. It was even more revolting when people started showing off their ridiculous amount of wealth. Guess i would never be comfortable in the upperclass and all that bull, hope I would never be able to change into anyone like that in the near future. In the dress and makeup, I kept thinking about how much more comfortable I would be in my jeans and tank, despite the fact that I probably look better in the former. 

Anyway, it was still a good time spent with the 22 girls! even though we could barely hear each other. Verdict: I aint suited for clubbing. Nua-ing at home or reading a book is still the way to go. Jeans, Jersey shorts, tank-tops (Y)





Met up with gang! That sounded abit wrong, but it was what we called ourselves in primary school, when others replaced it with "clique". Felt so good to be hanging out, nua-ing, teasing each other and laughing about anything and everything! We didn't really change much, even though times have changed.


6A Class Gathering was surprisingly.... not awkward. It was as if we were back to the old times when we started talking about all the silly moments in primary school, which was.... 6 years ago. Time really fliessss. All the times when we used to play basketball during recess, accumulate injuries cos the guys were severely outnumbered and started turning violent, how mischievous we all were cos we really hated the teacher (i remember I was a rebel then, despite being the goody two shoes before that), and so many more!

was really lame and bored,so I photoshopped the pix into locations where we wished we had class gathering at (suggestion of the lame Janelle cos we did not want to "lose out to 6E who had an annual class chalet", seriously? HAHA). Had a fun time doing it though even though it took 2 hours to complete. It was so retarded!



First stop, the Maldives. I like the water effect, took me awhile to figure out how to get that.
the hut where we stayed in (RIGHT)
Disney! Had to squeeze all of us in that smallll entrance so the pic was ridiculously small and SUPER unrealistic
Last stop, TAJ MAHAL.
the most realistic pic of all I think, cos of the positioning and all.

The pix below are all random single pic that I realised I had, but did not really have the time to upload or blog about them. They aren't going onto facebook because facebook is for public stalking, and I feel creeped out when people know more about my life than I would like them to.
(Idk, I wouldn't be that ego to think that people stalk my profile but you'd be amazed at how bored people can get these days. Some ridiculous guy messaged me that my "profile picture looks cool!" ya right, you can't even see my face on the profile and my pix are private. It's creepy ey /: )

WWW with the girls! Ger wasn't in the pic cos she just finished showering. Thank god for the free tix from my mum, if not it would have been a waste of money. Everything pretty much stayed the same; I don't understand why they renovated the place, probably to remove the cycling thing.


Cheryl's 18th! The unexpected forming of a group through SKCC (: Glad to have known yall better. Happy birthday cherrie! (IDk why i started calling you that haha, sometimes I do that just for the kicks when I see your facial expression change)

Found this somewhere! CIP At geylang serai cc. Brought a group of elderly out for lunch at Hotel Rendezvous. It may seem like a simple lunch, but I think for them, it means much more than that. I'm really heartened by their optimism and hope for life, though their lives seem so mundane. It's all about perspective and outlook!

Sports Leaders during the National day Run, which I managed to skip (kudos!) Didn't really like running, probably never would ><
Was never really close to this group of people, but got to know some of them much better, which is cool!

Kirin girls :) We were soooo confident for tchoukball cos of our sports background, but alas, we didn't win. In fact, we were NOWHERE near winning hahaha. But it was still full of fun, and we will always be the most spontaneous group!

Lastly, mummy's birthday! I think I posted this before, but ah, too lazy to delete it.
Anyway thanks for being hip! Will never forget how you said  "whoaaa someone grow up liao ah" the day after I went to Filter. Then you even suggested that we go clubbing together, probably to St james or something, when I mentioned that the clubbing experience wasn't all that fantastic. seriously, which mum says that?

That was a pretty nice way to kick off the morning. it's Christmas eve, but it doesn't feel like a festive season at all! Gonna head off to Rachel's house cos she's whipping up lunch (SPAGHETTI, I LIKE), then lepak (as usual). Dinner with some 22 girls and zhaojie (gonna tease him till he gets so irritated that he loses his control and starts spewing vulgarities HAHAHA). Sometimes I wonder why I'm so irritating and weird (I love making people feel awkward and riled up. Just to get them out of their comfort zone)
Okay, gotta go decide what I gonna wear so that I wouldn't look out of place when I go to both places!